So it’s like…that month where a bunch of people try to write a 50,000 word novel. Isa (of the PPK) decided that having something similar but involving vegans and food sounded like a good idea, and I think it is too so i’m going to do it. It’s pretty loose and different people are doing it in their own way. My goal is to publish one entry related to food every day. It might be a photojournal of what I ate for the day, a new recipe, me blathering on about how much I love tofurkey italian sausages…whatever.
If you would like to join in on the VeganMo(nth of)Fo(od), here are some ideas that we came up with for ‘inspiration’.
- Your first vegan/vegetarian restaurant memory
- Something you used to cook but don’t anymore
- Try to cook/bake something that intimidates you
- Write about your grandma’s holiday cooking
- your favorite dish to bring to a potluck
- your favorite meal to cook for people who are scared of vegan food
- your favorite meal to cook for your parents/in-laws
- use an grain you’ve never used before
- use a fruit or vegetable you’ve never used before
- veganize a recipe from your childhood
- cook dinner for a friend as a surprise and drop it off right after work
- cook an all-local ingredients meal
- Write about your favorite songs to cook to
- Keep a photo food journal for the entire day
- Veganize a recipe
- Tell the story of the first time you tried tofu
- Take a cookbook that you don’t use very often and make one new recipe out of it every day for a week
- Post pictures of yourself wearing nothing but Earth Balance and a smile
(I think it’s obvious what I contributed to that list.)
P.S. If you want to use my crappy little banner, save it and use your own photo hosting because it’s actually on my sever, not Flickr.