» Happy Pi(e) Day! Don’t Eat Off The Sidewalk!

Happy Pi(e) Day!

I won’t be eating any pie today, as i’m five days into my now annual gluten-free low-sugar Lent diet*, but I do have some photos from testing for Isa and Terry’s upcoming pie book. I was so excited to test for this one, because I want to learn how to make perfect pies, every time. I have a hit-or-miss history, so I don’t make them very often. I love being able to give and get feedback on what I make, it’s kind of like taking a pie making class for free!

Boston Creme Cake Pie

Blueberry Cornmeal Crumb Pie

Pumpkin Cheesecake (mini)

Raspberry Lime Rickey Cheesecake (also a mini)

The most exciting part? The cheesecakes are Tofutti-free! I had never made a vegan cheesecake before, and in fact I have only eaten a piece of one once, last spring from The Chicago Diner, which I wasn’t crazy about. I was never big on cheesecake pre-vegan anyway, and when I did eat it, it was mostly that Jell-o no bake kind that is overly sweet. But I lovelovelove these, and they are fairly easy to make. So get pumped for pie!

*insert my standard disclaimer that if you have a problem with people giving up things for Lent, even if they’re not Catholic, please shove it.

posted: 11 March 14
under: books, food, pictures

6 Responses to “Happy Pi(e) Day!”

1. A.Cook says:

Those all look delicious! The Boston Creme Cake Pie was that one that really made me want to eat my screen, though.

2. FoodFeud says:

Oh wow, those last two mini cheesecakes (not pies, Isa + Terry! but I’m not complaining) look especially amazing!!

3. Emma says:

Wow! I want those cheesecakes!! Tofutti-free too?! Can’t wait for the book release 🙂

4. Melisser says:

oh MAN, I want pie now and I am totally an ice cream person.

5. Debra says:

Looks soooo yum!! 🙂 Great job, thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

6. MeShell says:

Those cheesecakes look absolutely marvelous. Can’t wait for the book/recipes! Yum!!! (I really like the lack of tofutti).

7. Wow cuz this is excellent job! Congrats and keep it up.

8. Wow because this is excellent job! Congrats and keep it up.

9. Many thanks really valuable. Will share site with my pals.

10. Great looking web site. Assume you did a bunch of your very own html coding.

11. You’ve awesome knowlwdge in this case.

12. Thanks really useful. Will share website with my good friends.