Shiny new blog, shiny new raffle!
I know this doesn’t seem like much of a change since I posted, oh, two months ago that things were getting worked over. But you have to keep in mind that I am extremely lazy! First off, the lovely Amanda Chronister designed a simple new banner and some teeny graphics for me to sprinkle about as I please. My lovely husband let me stand over his shoulder while I demanded that he get my god damned text aligned the way I like it. So thanks guys! I love you.
Most of the changes are minute that most people won’t notice, but everything was really out of date, my categories were a mess, and the few note-worthy posts I have weren’t linked from anywhere. So that’s mostly what I did. If you’re reading this from an RSS reader you won’t notice a difference.
So let me tell you about this raffle!
I don’t have a lot of money, so I try to save my charity-giving dollars for when people start doing walks for Farm Sanctuary, so I can support my friends AND a good cause. Last year, a group of people decided to do a bike ride all up and down the west coast to raise money, and they are doing it again this year. And they are so far from their goal. So, so far.
I am not much of an activist, probably in part because I don’t like talking to people. But I try to get the word out online as much as I can about these kinds of things. It’s small, but it’s something we all can do. Unfortunately, it’s not very effective because people will often just scroll by your link. So what can I do to get some attention?
The answer came when Michelle from Herbivore contacted me about the wad of store credit burning a hole in my pocket. Boring story short, I am going to give some stuff away in exchange for donations to Ride to Light!
How this works:
1. You donate money to Ride to Light, and forward me your receipt [editor ~at~ donteatoffthesidewalk.com]. I don’t think that there is any identifying information in said receipts, but if i’m wrong and you’re worried that i’m going to steal your identity, you can take a screen shot and remove the info in MS Paint. I apparently deleted mine already, but I have an old one that looks like this:
(And then they have some links underneath to a survey and the site.)
2. Every $5 you donate gets you one chance in the raffle, so if you donate $20 you will get four chances to win a prize.
3. In two weeks, on Friday, September 15th, I will bust out a random number generator and choose some winners! Yay prizes! Also, be forewarned that I will be blogging the shit out of myself during this time, so prepare to be annoyed!
4. If you’ve already donated previous to this posting, yes, you can still send me your receipt to enter.
5. When you forward me your receipt, obviously make sure it’s from an email address you check regularly, and include at least your first name and last initial so I can announce the winners here. Also, if you have a blog or website, you can include that as well and everyone who enters will get a mention when I draw numbers.
6. The important part, PRIZES. Here is what’s up for grabs from Herbivore:
- One $15 gift certificate, to spend any which way you please!
- One t-shirt of your choice, valued up to $25 (which covers almost all of their t-shirts)!
- One lovely Herbivore cross necklace!
Celine has offered up one of her books (written with Joni Marie Newman), winners choice out of 500 Vegan Recipes, The Complete Guide To Vegan Substitutions, and Hearty Vegan Meals For Monster Appetites. If you win this prize and have all three books, well, Christmas is slowly approaching (ugh).
Amanda has donated the winners choice of two 5 x 7 prints of anything in her artwork set on Flickr (possibly minus the few commissioned pieces in the bunch). If you like adorable drawings of topless pinups, Dr. Horrible, Mad Men, or Edgar Allen Poe, you are going to be very pleased! If her style looks familar, Amanda did all of the illustrations in Yellow Rose Recipes.
Edit #2: Kelly has offered up a $20 grab-bag of pins and a mirror from her etsy shop!
I would like to thank these ladies for their help, and the fact that they are going to mail out their respective goodies to the winners (did I mention how lazy I am?)
(P.S. If you have some sort of service or product you would like to throw into the prize pile, feel free to email me!)
I think that’s everything, if you have any questions let me know! I just threw together this craptastic banner in Photoshop:
If you would like to put it on your bloggity blog, please do!
posted: 11 August 31