» Shiny new blog, shiny new raffle! Don’t Eat Off The Sidewalk!

Shiny new blog, shiny new raffle!

I know this doesn’t seem like much of a change since I posted, oh, two months ago that things were getting worked over.  But you have to keep in mind that I am extremely lazy!  First off, the lovely Amanda Chronister designed a simple new banner and some teeny graphics for me to sprinkle about as I please.  My lovely husband let me stand over his shoulder while I demanded that he get my god damned text aligned the way I like it.  So thanks guys!  I love you.

Most of the changes are minute that most people won’t notice, but everything was really out of date, my categories were a mess, and the few note-worthy posts I have weren’t linked from anywhere.  So that’s mostly what I did.  If you’re reading this from an RSS reader you won’t notice a difference.

So let me tell you about this raffle!

I don’t have a lot of money, so I try to save my charity-giving dollars for when people start doing walks for Farm Sanctuary, so I can support my friends AND a good cause.  Last year, a group of people decided to do a bike ride all up and down the west coast to raise money, and they are doing it again this year.  And they are so far from their goal.  So, so far.

I am not much of an activist, probably in part because I don’t like talking to people.  But I try to get the word out online as much as I can about these kinds of things.  It’s small, but it’s something we all can do.  Unfortunately, it’s not very effective because people will often just scroll by your link.  So what can I do to get some attention?

The answer came when Michelle from Herbivore contacted me about the wad of store credit burning a hole in my pocket.  Boring story short, I am going to give some stuff away in exchange for donations to Ride to Light!

How this works:

1.  You donate money to Ride to Light, and forward me your receipt [editor ~at~ donteatoffthesidewalk.com].  I don’t think that there is any identifying information in said receipts, but if i’m wrong and you’re worried that i’m going to steal your identity, you can take a screen shot and remove the info in MS Paint.  I apparently deleted mine already, but I have an old one that looks like this:

(And then they have some links underneath to a survey and the site.)

2.  Every $5 you donate gets you one chance in the raffle, so if you donate $20 you will get four chances to win a prize.

3.  In two weeks, on Friday, September 15th, I will bust out a random number generator and choose some winners!  Yay prizes!  Also, be forewarned that I will be blogging the shit out of myself during this time, so prepare to be annoyed!

4.  If you’ve already donated previous to this posting, yes, you can still send me your receipt to enter.

5.  When you forward me your receipt, obviously make sure it’s from an email address you check regularly, and include at least your first name and last initial so I can announce the winners here.  Also, if you have a blog or website, you can include that as well and everyone who enters will get a mention when I draw numbers.

6.  The important part, PRIZES.  Here is what’s up for grabs from Herbivore:

• One $15 gift certificate, to spend any which way you please!
  • One t-shirt of your choice, valued up to $25 (which covers almost all of their t-shirts)!
  • One lovely Herbivore cross necklace!

Celine has offered up one of her books (written with Joni Marie Newman), winners choice out of 500 Vegan Recipes, The Complete Guide To Vegan Substitutions, and Hearty Vegan Meals For Monster Appetites.  If you win this prize and have all three books, well, Christmas is slowly approaching (ugh).

Amanda has donated the winners choice of two 5 x 7 prints of anything in her artwork set on Flickr (possibly minus the few commissioned pieces in the bunch).  If you like adorable drawings of topless pinups, Dr. Horrible, Mad Men, or Edgar Allen Poe, you are going to be very pleased!  If her style looks familar, Amanda did all of the illustrations in Yellow Rose Recipes.

Edited to add:  Carrie from Vegan Coupons (@vegandeals on twitter) has thrown in a $30 voucher for Liz Lovely cookies!  Now i’m pissed that I can’t enter my own contest!

Edit #2:  Kelly has offered up a $20 grab-bag of pins and a mirror from her etsy shop!

I would like to thank these ladies for their help, and the fact that they are going to mail out their respective goodies to the winners (did I mention how lazy I am?)

(P.S.  If you have some sort of service or product you would like to throw into the prize pile, feel free to email me!)

I think that’s everything, if you have any questions let me know!  I just threw together this craptastic banner in Photoshop:

If you would like to put it on your bloggity blog, please do!

posted: 11 August 31
under: products

12 Responses to “Shiny new blog, shiny new raffle!”

1. Jesse says:

Directory enquiries paindoctorstijuana.com
    Description from MyComicsShop.com:Painted cover art. Suspicion, script by Paul Newman, art by Alberto Giolitti; A Crow exile is given refuge in Stone Bear’s camp but is suspected of being a thief when several items are found missing. The Peace Pipe Warpath, script by Paul Newman, art by Alberto Giolitti; ter Deer Horn is attacked by Standing Tree and his companion, Stone Bear sends Tonto and Running Horse to a sacred quarry to make a peace pipe. The Challenger Comes, script by Paul Newman, art by Tom Gill; The Red Stallion challenges The Painted Pony’s leadership of the herd. Fear of the Puma, script by Paul Newman, art by Alberto Giolitti; The youthful Tonto conquers his fear of pumas by standing his ground when one attacks and slaying the animal with his knife. Full-page color ad offering 150 molded plastic Civil War soldiers ($1.49) from Josely Company of Long Islamd, N. Y. Article about an Indian game played with a bowl, painted fruit pits, and pebbles.

2. Rebecca says:

Could you give me some smaller notes? differin gel generic name When Cory Monteith and Lea Michele began working together on “Glee” in 2009, they insisted that their relationship was purely platonic. However, after a few years (and a break-up for Michele), things changed, and the two fell in love. “I don’t even remember a time when he wasn’t my boyfriend,” the actress, 26, told Marie Claire in its January 2013 issue. “No one knows me better than Cory.”

3. Bradly says:

Special Delivery taking prednisone for poison ivy Venezuelan officials expelled Vivanco from the country in September 2008 after he delivered a damning Human Rights Watch report criticizing the lack of judicial freedom under then-President Hugo Chavez, who died in March.

4. Julio says:

Have you got any experience? bdp medical recruitment “I was at peace with the decision,” Alvarez says, in a voice not much above a whisper. “We talked about it as a family. We are so close, and I have such a great support system, that we didn’t let what other people thought affect us.”

5. Ulysses says:

I’d like to order some foreign currency lamisil spray toenail fungus The company, based in Waterloo, Ontario, has asked for preliminary expressions of interest from potential strategic buyers, which also include Intel Corp and Asian companies LG and Samsung, by early next week.

6. Dirtbill says:

Is this a temporary or permanent position? tst 1700 free trial “Some of the survivors and some of the deceased, or family members of the deceased, are struggling. I think it’s a grave injustice, and it breaks my heart to see things like that happen,” Manning said.

7. Herschel says:

Stolen credit card healthdirectoryoptions.com
    Heavy smog enveloped Beijing and most of northern China asmillions of people prepared to head home after the Golden Weekholiday. Local media reported low visibility had forcedauthorities to shut expressways and cancel flights.

8. Theron says:

I’m originally from Dublin but now live in Edinburgh dgwpharma.nl
    Turkey has long been the United States’ closest ally in the Middle Eastern region, bordering on the Soviet Union during the Cold War. The U.S. military exercised great influence over a Turkish military that had a strong hand in Turkey’s politics.

9. Raymundo says:

I’m afraid that number’s ex-directory ezepills online discount pharmacy It’s just another Wednesday night for pint-sized ‘Jersey Shore’ star Snooki … and, as usual, she loses her footing and hits the pavement. Hey, at least she doesn’t have far to fall! Speaking of troubled starlets …

10. Magic says:

How do you do? originalpharmagroup.net Longer-dated Singapore government bonds continued to rise in line with recent gains made by U.S. Treasurys. Yield on the 10-year Singapore government bond fell seven basis points to 2.36%. However, yield on the two-year bond was up by a hundredth of a percentage point to 0.27%.

11. Norbert says:

The manager budtrader redding Harvey, one of a record 39 first-time All-Stars, created the most early buzz, though. Fans began cheering him when he sprinted from the dugout to the outfield to begin warming up just before pregame introductions. Then, he said, they started chanting his name.

12. Tristan says:

Wonderfull great site fifty 50 pharmacy carrollton tx Moreover, do-not-resuscitate directives would not be honored if the medical executive reasonably believes the inmate was coerced into signing the request or if an attorney representing the inmate revokes the request.

13. Carey says:

This is the job description cosmos pharmacy group “It got real bad in the playoffs to where my plantar, it popped in Game 1. It popped twice in Game 1,” Johnson told The News. “They say with plantar fasciitis, they say if it snaps, if it pops, then after 2-to-3 weeks of rest, you’ll be back playing so it’s best if it’s going to pop.

14. Jocelyn says:

I do some voluntary work pinworms vermox how long This was the ending that this Series deserved, and that baseball needed, at this time when point-missers keep telling us that the only way to measure the sport is by network television ratings in October, as if that is the only way to measure the enduring beauty and greatness of the sport

15. Ricky says:

Would you like to leave a message? quick script pharmacy wilton manors fl Neil Purssey is an inventor and founder of Fireco, which manufactures fire safety products. “We make wire free alarms and sensors that can be attached to doors so that they automatically open at the sound of a fire alarm,” he explained. Two years ago, Fireco was invited to tender for a series of contracts in Kurdistan – a pipeline of work which is now worth $8.5m.

16. Johnie says:

I’m on a course at the moment dinglewood pharmacy owner On Friday industrial and defence group Finmeccanica agreed to sell its power engineering unit AnsaldoEnergia to an Italian state-backed fund, after opposition frompoliticians and trade unions derailed foreign takeoverattempts. (Editing by Greg Mahlich)

17. Leonel says:

I never went to university optavia fuelings calories Health Insurance Innovations’ Kosloske is forecasting 300percent growth in individual insurance policies beginning in2014, including short-term ones. His analysis is based on thefact that under healthcare reform, companies with fewer than 50employees are not required to provide coverage. If many of theseemployers drop coverage so that their workers can get subsidieson the exchanges, more people will end up on the market withwaiting periods for coverage.

18. Robbie says:

I don’t know what I want to do after university mgp promethazine with codeine fake SIR – David Cameron would have cut less of “a forlorn figure” at the G20 meeting (Comment, September 7) if he had added to “our defeat of slavery and fascism” our unique creation of the Commonwealth.

19. Benny says:

I’m interested in this position ibex tumbler handle This week, federal health officials reported on the results of 32 organizations selected in April 2012 to participate in the Pioneer ACO model, which was designed for groups already experienced with coordinated care.

20. Brady says:

International directory enquiries permethrin cream yahoo
    The ruling, from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, overturned a lower court decision from July that said Bernanke should submit to a deposition by lawyers for former chief executive Maurice “Hank” Greenberg.

21. Eusebio says:

Insert your card doxepin over 65 The agreement creates a new job for Local One of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees within the venue’s new education wing, a 24-room addition that is slated to open in fall 2014.

22. Caden says:

US dollars metformin 500mg er tab
    On Tuesday, House Republicans proposed the creation of abipartisan committee to work on the issue, which was rejected byDemocrats. Senate Democrats also introduced a bill to raise thedebt ceiling with no conditions through 2014, but included noneof the deficit reductions that Republicans have demanded.

23. Eldon says:

I quite like cooking shatavari early pregnancy One of the over-riding themes during the visit of US vice president Joe Biden and secretary of state John Kerry to India recently was a reiteration of what the Americans have held for long: good India-Pakistan ties a key factor for the enduring peace and stability in Afghanistan.

24. Billy says:

Could I make an appointment to see ? mmjdoctoronline.com The encore could only be Freelove Freeway from The Office – “The love is free and the freeway's long,” now given the turbo-charged amplified treatment. And then Brent was gone. Hitting the A4 freeway back to Slough no doubt. This 45-minute work in progress was terrific and there is talk of bigger shows. I'm not sure how much further the joke could be stretched. Knowing Ricky Gervais though, all the way to the O2 Arena.

25. Douglas says:

Punk not dead safe online pharmacy clomid As always with O’Shea, youth will be crucial and kids like Joe Trayfoot, Luke Wallace and Jack Clifford could be a thrilling back row. The key is to allow them to hit the ground running.

26. Louis says:

Who’s calling? mutant bcaa caps 400 kap
    Net neutrality proponents also take issue with the idea that Open Internet rules need to lead to dramatic changes to be effective. For them, the AT&T case is a clear example of companies shaping up after a legal threat, not the free market at work. “It was never my expectation that adopting rules like this would lead to a flood of immediate complaints, because by and large the rules are aimed to keep in place what has been the internet status quo,” says Sohn. “What I do think the rules do is establish a very important baseline expectation … that internet service providers shouldn’t be playing favorites or interfering with user communications.”

27. Jonathan says:

I love this site bodystronger.com reviews If the Players’ Association decides to open the CBA, it would still find it difficult to defend Rodriguez because many of its players have abandoned support for the Yankees’ disgraced third baseman.

28. Katherine says:

Children with disabilities flagyl rite aid
    The country has so far relied on futures contracts to defend the real – disguising the erosion of Brazil’s $374bn reserves – but this has failed to deter speculators. “They are moving currency intervention off balance sheet, but the net position is deteriorating all the time,” said Danske Bank’s Lars Christensen.

29. Heyjew says:

Very funny pictures uspharmaonline.lt review Based on the peak testosterone level, the researchers determined that the whale likely reached sexual maturity between 113 and 126 months. This estimate agrees with—and even improves on the accuracy of—other ways to assess sexual maturity in whales, such as the ratio between their age and length.

30. Carlton says:

I do some voluntary work koppalt.com If Trapstar isn't your style how about Asos's urban look below or Motel's cropped mesh top? Then style with skinny jeans or leggings and if you're in the mood for submission, add a dog collar necklace for good measure.

31. Aurelio says:

I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name cheap doxycycline and prednisone take together In 2001, Iran provided military intelligence to the US to support its invasion to overthrow the Taliban in Afghanistan, and in 2007 Washington and Tehran sent representatives to Baghdad for face-to-face talks over the deteriorating security situation there.

32. Warner says:

I can’t get through at the moment ciprofloxacin used treat std Washington braced for a partial shutdown on Oct. 1 asCongress tackled an emergency spending bill that Republicanswant to use to achieve Tea Party-backed goals, such as defundingthe Affordable Care Act.

33. German says:

Another year amitriptyline hydrochloride 10 mg rizatriptan benzoate Trying to catch up with Wall Street rivals, JPMorganrecruited a young trader, Danny Masters. Within a few years, ithad built a global platform that eclipsed its peers. At last itwas a major player in markets from oil to metals.

34. Samantha says:

Where do you live? where can i buy generic flagyl “This opportunity with the Iranian foreign minister will give our (P5 1) ministers a sense of their level of seriousness and whether they are coming with concrete new proposals and whether this charm offensive actually has substance to it,” one senior State Department official said of the meeting.

35. Arthur says:

I’m sorry, she’s meclizine dosing medscape
    On this week’s Daily News Fifth Yankees Podcast, Mark Feinsand is joined by WFAN’s Sweeny Murti during the final day of the season at Yankee Stadium as they talk about Mariano Rivera’s emotional Bronx farewell.

36. Eldridge says:

Could I have a statement, please? accurahealthcare.com
    Global TV shipments dropped 6.3 percent in 2012, the first decline in over a decade according to research firm IHS iSuppli, with the flat-panel market reaching saturation after consumers in developed markets completed the switch from cathode ray tubes.

37. Cooper says:

I’m in my first year at university manfaat obat profertil untuk wanita JC Penney is hoping to get back in the game for the crucial holiday selling period by opening its doors on Thanksgiving. Most stores will open at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving Day, the same time as rival Macy’s. JC Penney also is bringing back its tradition of giving away nearly 2 million holiday snow globes starting at 4 a.m.

38. Keenan says:

I’ll put her on drug center pharmacy glendale The frieze was discovered by Guatemalan archaeologist Francisco Estrada-Belli, a professor at Tulane University’s Anthropology Department, and his team in the northern Province of Peten, the government said in a joint statement with Estrada-Belli.

39. Barbera says:

What do you like doing in your spare time? westwood pharmacy richmond va menu A copy of the memo was reviewed by Reuters. Tokyo Electric confirmed its authenticity. The existence of the memo was reported by the Asahi newspaper on Wednesday. The NRC consultations have not previously been detailed.

40. Malcolm says:

Thanks funny site taking ibuprofen with pre workout Superman and Batman will face off. Says Director Zack Snyder, “let’s face it, it’s beyond mythological to have Superman and our new Batman facing off, since they are the greatest Superheroes in the world.”

41. Harrison says:

I’m interested in universal nutrition sugar free carb rite barns By far the biggest island in the Caribbean, Cuba has miles of unspoilt beaches, reefs, islands and lagoons to explore. Many of the passengers on the twice-weekly Virgin 747 flight (the only direct way from the UK to Cuba) head straight to the resort hotels of Varadero (pictured below) where the beaches are beautiful and the prices reasonable, at least compared with elsewhere in the Caribbean. Beach hotels tend to be concentrated in a few areas and are all at least part–owned by the government. That is changing and more international groups are building resorts that reach international standards, like the Paradisus on Varadero. It’s good, but while the world has many beaches it has nowhere else like the rest of Cuba.

42. Roderick says:

One moment, please can i buy promescent in the uk “We’re excited to be working closely with Nnooo and Nintendo to bring a new dynamic to a Nintendo platform,” said developer 3 Sprockets director Seon Rozenblum. “We’re bringing the gaming community together, offering true cross-platform play and user generated content across multiple platforms and devices and we are ecstatic to be including the Wii U in our lineup for Cubemen 2.”

43. Emilio says:

Could you please repeat that? ranitidine tablets 150 mg uses Calderon believes having former point guard Derek Fisher — who won five titles with Jackson in Los Angeles — as his head coach “means everything” for his acclimation to the newly installed system.

44. Jonas says:

Did you go to university? zantac tablet fiyat Deutsche Bank carbon analyst Tim Jordan said the policyshift would have no real impact on carbon markets because therewas no effective forward market beyond the current fixed-priceperiod. However, he said the move could see a change in theinvestment outlook as coal-fired power became more economiccompared with low-emissions gas-fired power.

45. Alden says:

I’m a partner in your md funding The hit to revenue from regulations on mobile call fees wassofter than a year earlier, helping slow the quarter’s revenuedecline. Commercial performance in France also improved with thesigning of 298,000 net additions of mobile customers.

46. Jospeh says:

In tens, please (ten pound notes) shoppers pharmacy bridlewood mall Former New York governor Mario Cuomo says about New York City’s current political culture: 'If you want to solve problems, then you have to start with the people, who have to start taking a greater role here before the fact, instead of waiting until later to start complaining about who got elected.'

47. Ambrose says:

What’s the last date I can post this to to arrive in time for Christmas? fluticasone nasal spray cost walgreens An aide to Mr Cable on Sunday said he backed Mr Clegg’s position in the economy debate, but also had sympathy for the critical amendments proposed by activists. The aide declined to say if, and how, Mr Cable would vote.

48. Nicky says:

I’m training to be an engineer saillon pharma Still, all of those small tasks have made her feel more independent and more capable without leaning on her caregiver for help. Since getting the glasses about three weeks ago, Blaszczuk went on a camping trip with her friends, the first trip since her accident that she has taken without her assistant.

49. Gilbert says:

I’m from England olanzapine impotence
    It was the first update in almost two weeks on the health of the Nobel Peace Prize laureate. News of his hospitalization in June with a recurring lung infection attracted worldwide attention for the revered statesman, who is admired as a symbol of struggle against injustice and of racial reconciliation.

50. Kimberly says:

Wonderfull great site blue ridge medical center arrington va For some, language is a primary factor. Students either want to learn in their native language or become fluent in another. Others want to gain business expertise abroad in order to get a leg up in an increasingly competitive workforce.