VeganMoFo: Survey Says
I’ve seen this survey done by a few people, bandwagon ho!
1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Almond milk. It beats the pants off of rice milk and soy milk.
2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
In the near future, Crispy Crunchy Stuffed Tofu, something interesting involving Brussel Sprouts (suggestions, please), and for Thanksvegan 2007 i’m going to be making a ton of non-Thanksgivingly things that i’ve never had before.
3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
I pop it in EB instead of oil so I don’t need to put any extra on, salt, and a little bit of nooch.
4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
Oh god. Probably when I decided that the first time I would make macaroni and cheez was when we had a bunch of guests and it came out terrible. So bad that I actually told them not to eat it. That was the first time I was making vegan food for people other than Brian. I think they’ve all forgiven me for it by now.
5. Favorite pickled item?
Bread and Butter pickles like a muthafucka.
6. How do you organize your recipes?
I make them into zines. Ha!
I have a large binder full of print outs, a notebook that I write stuff in, and bookmarks on the computer.
7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Trash. And recycling. Cause that’s how I roll.
8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods…what would they be (don’t worry about how you’ll cook them)?
9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Ha. Hahahaha! My grandma used to make really good angel food cake.
10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
Covered that in the last entry, Carrot Cake by Good Karma.
11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
My stand mixer. It makes me happy just to see it.
12. Spice/herb you would die without?
13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Out of the ones I still have, Vegetarian Meat & Potatoes and From The Vegetarian Slowcooker, both by Robin Robertson and I bought them at the same time (but didn’t realize that they were by the same author).
14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
There’s this cherry fruit spread that tastes just like a cherry pie. Nothing can beat that.
15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
Pancakes. No one can argue with pancakes.
16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
I like seitan the best, but eat more tofu because I don’t have to make it myself. I like tempeh certain ways (wingz, anyone?) but it’s the one I like the least.
17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Breakfast. Why can’t we eat breakfast all the time?
18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
The microwave to keep it out of the way since it doesn’t get used too often, the paper towel rack, cereal, glow worms.
19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
Phyllo dough, frozen blueberries, edamame.
20. What’s on your grocery list?
Things with which to make that stuffed tofu.
21. Favorite grocery store?
I like the army commissary as long as it isn’t too busy (which it isn’t only if you go at the crack of dawn), because I get things at cost and they have a pretty good selection of vegan products. I go to Kroger to buy my almond milk, EB, and anything else that I can’t get at the commissary.
22. Name a recipe you’d love to veganize, but haven’t yet.
German chocolate danishes.
23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa’s because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
Have Cake Will Travel – Because she updates so freaking much.
Yeah, That Vegan Shit – Because I want to eat her brains.
Cake Maker To The Stars – Because it’s motherfucking Kittee.
24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
The rice milk chocolate bars.
25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately
Raw almond butter. Five bucks for a teeny jar! It could be worse, I guess.